The Alliance Provider Advisory Council (APAC) serves as a fair and impartial representative body for providers that are credentialed, enrolled and contracted with Alliance to deliver mental health, intellectual/developmental disability and substance abuse services in Durham, Wake, Cumberland and Johnston counties.
Local Provider Advisory Councils also meet in our communities and their input and perspective is shared with the Alliance Provider Advisory Council.
APAC objectives include:
- Facilitate the open exchange of ideas, share values, goals and visions, and promote collaboration and mutual accountability between Alliance and the Provider Network.
- Promote evidence-based and emerging best practices to empower consumers within our communities to achieve their personal goals.
- Review, provide input, and make recommendations to Alliance on its policies, procedures, forms, activities, guidelines, changes in funding, financial issues, and reimbursement
- Review and comment on Alliance specific activities that impact members of the Provider Network.
- Review and comment on the Local Business Plan.
- Provide input to Alliance in its implementation of the state plan and local business plans.
- Review and comment to Alliance regarding the local and State annual plans and long-term plans.
- Assist Alliance with effective communications across the Provider Network and assist in planning all-provider meetings.
- Recommend efficiencies and best practices regarding service availability and service array, consumer choice and fair competition, including ways to close gaps in the services array, particularly for underserved and non-target populations, provide additional services, and facilitate additional communications among providers.
- Assist Alliance in encouraging provider participation in quality improvement activities.
Access the APAC Operational Agreement or the current APAC membership roster.
APAC representatives are selected from each of the four Alliance counties and Council membership consists of 20 representatives. Representation is based on the Medicaid-eligible populations within each county.
Below are the dates for the APAC General Membership and Steering Committee. Both of these take place at at the Alliance home office.
August 8, 2019 2:00 PM-4:00 PM Steering Committee Meeting
September 12, 2019 2:00 PM-4:00 PM General Membership Meeting
October 10, 2019 2:00 PM-4:00 PM Steering Committee Meeting
November 14, 2019 2:00 PM-4:00 PM General Membership Meeting
December 12, 2019 2:00 PM-4:00 PM Steering Committee Meeting
Local PACs also meet on the following schedule:
- Durham – third Thursday of the month at 2:00pm, Alliance home office
- Wake – second Thursday of every other month at 2:00pm, Resources for Seniors, Inc., 1110 Navaho Drive, 4th Floor, Raleigh
- Cumberland – first Monday of the month at 1:00pm, Alliance Cumberland office, 711 Executive Place, Room 109, Fayetteville
- Johnston – fourth Monday of every other month at noon, Johnston Public Health Department, 517 N. Brightleaf Boulevard, Smithfield